Friday, August 01, 2008

Met Viv at Calloway's for dinner last night. Had broiled flounder, "mixed vegetables" (I always think they just throw together the leftovers from lunch), and a baked potato. Skipped the rolls and butter, of course, but did enjoy a cup of corn chowder and a light beer.
It would have been a very pleasant evening catching up with each other's doings, except for the deafening noise of a child or children on the other side of the room, throwing tantrums and screaming almost throughout the entire time we were there. Kid(s) should have been taken out, but parents haughtily stared back at the amazed and annoyed diners who got up to look at them (including Viv and me).
Aside from that, we enjoyed our outing and will get together again. Went home to have popcorn and wine, of course, and will now pick Susan up for our walk.

3 comments:

iloveac said...

I've noticed that some parents (even in my own family) make certain their children follow the family's standards of behavior...but very little regard is given for society at large. These kids are in for a rude awakening when they grow up. I believe the parents are doing them a major disservice by not teaching them to be aware of other people.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I thought you announced you were stopping the blog! Who are you, Brett Farve? I just stopped by to make sure, and there is an entire week's worth of entries, and who knows what is archived. You little minx...

Mimi said...

But Robyn, my dear, see entry of July 14. It contains the mention that this will now be a food/fitness/weight/nutrition blog. I'm trying to avoid getting back in the "an entry every day" mode, but not sure if I can sustain that--in fact, now will describe my reaction to the yummy food at great-grandson's party yesterday.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...