Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Had a delicious, delightful time with baby Snooks yesterday--unfortunately, I also put some delicious, delightful stuff in my tummy. Took the kid to The Plum Tree for lunch. Trying to decide what he could eat, I ordered French fries along with my Greek salad. The place also offered mixed fruit and ham cooked in banana sauce (yes, I know it sounds weird), free with a meal. I gave the little angel only a small amount of fries, cut-up watermelon, and a few bits of feta cheese, then made the mistake of trying to spoon-feed him some of the sticky banana sauce. The kid insisted--loudly--in grabbing the bowl, dipping his whole hand in and happily eating the stuff, while smearing all over his face, shirt, the high chair tray, me. Well, I had to eat the rest of the French fries, didn't I? Later, I stopped at nearby Tootie's and got an Italian ice (geez, I went so international yesterday), which baby and I shared.
That wasn't so bad, but later, while adorable child napped, I prowled the apartment and managed to pack away cheese crackers, ice cream, a slice of bread with peanut butter, jelly beans--well, no sense in recording all of it. I just went nuts in the food department.
Didn't get home until almost 9:00, the time I usually go to bed. After getting Pat's evening medication and setting up for the morning, I figured the day was unsalvagable anyway, so accompanied my wine with the potato chips my recent visitors left. Well, might as well be hung for a goose as a gander (is that really the way the quote goes?), so I topped it all off with the rest of the rainbow sherbet in the freezer.
I hope and believe my sudden and unexpected ravenous appetite has been satisfied for a long time to come. Aside from realizing it was probably triggered by being outside my usual routine, I don't feel like analyzing it. It happened, it's over, and I'm going on from here.

4 comments:

iloveac said...

ROTFLMHO...visualizing you, Tristan and the banana sauce.

Mimi said...

Pat, what does ROTFLMHO mean????

iloveac said...

Rolling on the floor laughing my head off....

Other people use a different word for 'head'...beginning with an 'a'. ROTFLMAF. Being that we are pure, holy graduates of HSHS I don't use such vulgarity. LOL.....

Mimi said...

Oh-h-h-h. Naturally, I have no idea to which "a" you are referring, Miss McHale--perhaps "ankle"?

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...