Monday, August 11, 2008

Just got back from dropping off son and DIL in Toms River--(sob). They took us to Calloway's for dinner last night and I really pulled out all the stops. Had lobster tails (two of them), mashed potatoes, and a Coors Light--even indulged in a roll. Of course, there's no point in eating lobster if it isn't drenched in melted butter and I made sure to have every piece dripping. Geesh, it was great.
When we got home, I gave Pat his nightly bowl of ice cream (butter pecan), talked to Ellen on the web cam, then went to bed. Brought along three Hershey Kisses, so topped off my eating frenzy with a fittingly decadent finale.
But okay, NOW I'm back. Will resume my vegetable-and-exercise routine to return to the 71-pounds-off level. I had told Susan I wouldn't walk today because of going to Toms River, but I got back in time and have decided to stop for her. It's true I got up at 3:30, so have had only five hours sleep, but I'll make it up later. I don't want to give myself a pass on walking because it too easily becomes a habit.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...