Friday, August 22, 2008

As it turned out, Dee and I had to postpone our lunch date to next Friday; she had to go to the doctor unexpectedly. Instead of lunch out, I spend the day inside cleaning the oven. Well, it's self-clean, of course, but I didn't want to leave while it was on and it takes more than four hours. The odor was horrible, but luckily, it was a beautiful breezy day and I turned off the air and threw up all the windows. Also used a fan to blow the air out.
Gave Pat Slymphie Stew for dinner, along with gorgeous, delectable, thoroughly artery-choking fried eggplant. I was only able to harvest two of them (the other plant grew, but didn't produce) and they were very small. I picked them because they hadn't grown recently and I figured that was as big as they were going to get. Pat said they were good and he ate all of them. I had broccoli, salad, and tuna fish.
I have some of the Slymphie Stew left and will heat it up for lunch when the little boys come today. At the end of the day watching a six- and one-year-old, I'll surely be ready for my precious glass of wine tonight!

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...