Friday, August 08, 2008

Have been having an absolute ball with California daughter E. and Tokyo son and wife. Tearfully put former on the plane (well, I dropped her off at the airport) on Thursday, but we're still enjoying the other two.
On the weight front, I have some concern. My clothes still fit fine, but I'm pretty sure I've gained a few, as I've been deviating considerably from my usual. On Wednesday, daughter A. had us up for dinner (along with J., J., and the kiddies) and oh, yum-yum. I had more than one helping of maple and walnut salmon, teriaki chicken, corn on the cob, baked beans, and fresh string beans. What's more, after our anniversary party, I had frozen a large portion of the cake. I had planned at the time to share it with visiting children in August, so that's what I contributed that for dessert. We all enjoyed it, including yours truly. It was luscious, of course, but sinfully rich.
Son made catfish on Tuesday. He poached it with carrots, onions, and seasonings and I liked it a lot. However, he also made a delectable hummus and fresh chive concoction that we spread it on the dense bread they had bought. I ate plenty of that, too.
Earlier that day, we had gone to the aquarium in Atlantic City, then to Lucy the pachyderm in Margate. At son's insistance, we stopped at glorious Sacco Subs for lunch and I scarfed down "half of a half" of a regular sub, about the equivalent of four regular sandwiches and maybe six million calories. (Incrediably, very slender--about 5'8" and maybe 115 pounds--DIL ate her entire half and son--about 5'9" and maybe 135--ate a whole sub.)
Yesterday, we spent most of the day at the mall and supermarket and had lunch there. I had sushi (son and DIL ate Italian), so exercised okay damage control. However, son made his own version of fried rice for dinner, and DIL made chicken. I had both, and bread and butter, too, I'm afraid.
But, hey, I'm not terribly upset over all this. I have been over-eating, but also have gotten a lot of walking in. I am reconciled to being higher than I was at my last weigh-in, but I think by only a few pounds. As son and DIL will still be here tomorrow, I won't weigh in until next Saturday (and it will have been a month, I guess, since my last time) and I will have been back on the straight and narrow for five days, so no problem--I hope. If the gain is more than I like, I'll take it off in the coming weeks. In any event, will report it here.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...