Monday, August 18, 2008

Getting ready to go up the road to take care of precious baby while his Mommy and Daddy take big brother to Great Adventure. On the food front, think I'll go to The Olive Tree (or Plum Tree or some kind of tree) for lunch. I assume I'll get plenty of exercise in running after the little one, who just turned one, but has been walking for two months.
On my way home, I'll replenish my supply of both veggies and blueberries. I do have a big salad already made* which I'll keep in reserve and will probably have for dinner.
*For the basics, I cut up or shred green-leaf lettuce and add small chunks of tomato and sliced onion, filling a large stainless steel bowl. I cover this with a piece of paper towel that I rinse and wring out, so the salad stays crisp and moist. When I'm ready to eat, I remove a portion of it and add kidney beans, beets, feta cheese, and no-cal dressing; if I happen to have mushrooms, I add them, too. Occasionally, will put in a sliced hard-boiled egg, cut up chicken, or tuna fish.
I eat this salad for either lunch, dinner, or a 4:00 snack about five days a week. At meals, it usually accompanies a Boca burger and/or broccoli, yams, or other veggies.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...