Sunday, August 10, 2008

We had great fun at the Philadelphia Zoo yesterday, notwithstanding the incredibly dense traffic and enormous crowds. (Well, whaddya expect on a beautiful August Saturday?)
On the food front, I confined myself to what was called "Caesar salad" (possibly the worst I ever tasted, so I ate about an eighth of it), a "child-sized" (regular) Sprite, and a large soft pretzel. The stuff came with a little packet of two Oreos, and I ate them as we strolled around--figured they were minor empty calories.
We did, as usual, walk a lot--all day, in fact. We didn't sit down even to eat lunch, so we were essentially walking and standing for roughly four hours. Dropped son and wife off at bank before we went home, then stopped for cold cuts and we had them for dinner. Gave Pat soup and a cheese and tomato sandwiches and I had a Boca Burger on one piece of whole wheat. The Tokyo Twins stopped at the supermarket on the way home and got themselves enormous long rolls, which they enjoyed with sliced tomato, cucumber, and lettuce.
Still think I've gained and our guests are taking us out for dinner tonight. Oh, yes, I'll indulge again but no matter. I was able to button the white slacks I inherited from Alison (size 8 and too big for her), so the gain may not be significant. In any event, I'll deal with it.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...