Saturday, August 30, 2008

Met Dee for lunch in Ventnor and we went to "Barrels" in Margate. We both had what was called Caesar salad, but you couldn't prove it by me. It was just Romaine, bottled sauce, and a few minuscule shrimps thrown on top. I left most of it, but ordered a side of sweet potato fries for us to share and they were good.
Enjoyed my conversation with Dee. She told me she's taken the house in Ventnor off the market and will move there permanently with her sister-in-law.
Got home and went to Tucker Tom's for broccoli, zucchini, and a few other items. I want to make zucchini casserole today, using the tomatoes I bought right before Pat came home with the home-grown ones from Old George. I suggested we have George for dinner (sounds cannibalistic!) on Tuesday; if Pat doesn't see him at the bay, he'll call him.
Political Note: Saw that a former beauty queen and hockey mom whose beliefs are to the right of Attila the Hun will be nominated for the vice presidency . Incredible.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...