Thursday, July 31, 2008

Must get to Santori's to get supplies for my company--daughter Ellen tomorrow, son and wife on Monday. I promised to bring a big green salad for great-grandson's first birthday party on Saturday, so must get plenty.
I've been evolving a new eating pattern lately--not new types of food; I still eat mainly whole, fresh, and vegetable--but I eat somewhat differently. For instance, I went to lunch at Dockside yesterday with Susan and her visiting cousin. Had my usual C. with c., ate half, and took the rest home. Got in about 2:00, did a lot of housework, then from about 4:00 to 6:00 ate the rest of the salad, followed by half a butternut squash, and a bowl of yogurt with blueberries. Gave Pat scrapple and eggs for dinner and I ate tuna fish, a small salad I had in the refrig, plus a slice of cantaloupe. At 8:00, of course, I enjoyed my usual.
This may not be an entirely "balanced" diet, but it works for me. I continue to maintain my weight loss and continue to have plenty of energy and general feelings of well-being. I am concerned with getting enough protein, but guess I do: I often add hard-boiled eggs to my salads, and almost alway kidney beans, too.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...