Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Still delighting in my new microwave. It's actually much quieter than the old one and I can see the food better through the glass door. Guess there were some improvements in almost five years.
Went to a "designer showhouse" in Margate with friends yesterday. We toured the house (on Rumson Avenue, and it was elegant), then to lunch at the Greenhouse next to Lucy the Elephant. We sat on the deck and I had Caesar Salad with chicken (what else?) and a Miller Lite beer. My three friends all had "hamburger melts." They looked and smelled wonderful, but are loaded with fat and calories, so I was content--and just the slightest bit smug--with my salad.
Got home about 2:00 and went out for veggies and fruit. About 4:00, I enjoyed a big bowl of broccoli and half an avocado, so by dinnertime, I was full. I gave Pat a pork chop and just had cantaloupe and blueberries myself. In addition, I was finally able to harvest the first two of my tomatoes. Great satisfaction to pick your own, of course, but I was a little disappointed in them: good, home-grown taste, but the texture was a little too firm. Maybe I should have left them a few more days?

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...