Monday, July 21, 2008

Cooked up some vegetable goodies yesterday. For one, my zucchini casserole: slice four zucchini (scrubbed, but not pared) and a medium onion (mine happened to be red), and add chunks of two good-sized tomatoes. Mix with some Italian seasoning and bake in microwave until tender. My microwave's on the blink, so I baked in the oven for about 45 minutes. As long as the oven was on, I added five or six yams that I had pared and cut into large pieces; covered both pans with foil. Now I have some good lunch material in the refrig.
Also made a big salad. Ate half for lunch and have the other for today.
One of the few negatives about eating so many plant foods is that I have to replenish my supply often. I do have the above, plus a nice amount of broccoli in the refrig. Also keep for emergencies several bags of spinach in the freezer. I use canned kidney beans and beets (unless I roast fresh ones--see earlier entry).

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...