Friday, July 04, 2008

Splash! Had great fun at the pool with Joely and Tristan. They got here (with Mommy Jen and Aunt Christine) before noon, I packed the lunch I had made, and we walked to the clubhouse. We all plunged in immediately, Joely with his boogie board, and enjoyed the sparkling water. When we got hungry, I distributed the ham and cheese sandwiches, veggie chips, fruit salad, and soda (I had brought a big salad and broccoli for myself). Spent about two hours there, then walked home.
Our friends and next-door neighbors, the D.'s, were outside with their daughter and grand, 2-year-old Harper, who are here until Saturday from North Carolina. Of course, I exclaimed over Harper and they over the boys.
Pat had decided to skip the bay, so we got out the toys (I keep a big stash in the guest room closet), chatted, and watched Tristan as he tore through everything he could get his hands (and mouth) on.
As Alison had told me, Christine is pregnant. Whether her boyfriend will see her through is questionable, but she seems pretty casual about it. She's having morning sickness now, but I assured her that would pass.
The New Egypt entourage left about 3:30 and the rest of the day was quiet. Called Susan to tell her I won't walk this morning, as I'm going to march in the Galloway 4th of July parade. The Coalition for Peace and Justice will have a banner reading "Peace Is Patriotic" and that's where I'll be.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

If I lived there I would've grabbed my baton and lead the parade. They did have a bicycle parade for the kids here this AM, but I got up too late to participate. If only others cared about Peace how much better our lives would be. Unfortunately, too many people want to use violence to settle disputes.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...