Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's raining for the first time in what seems like months. Wouldn't you know, I just put down my drip hose yesterday to water the veggies out back. Oh, well, guess they can use all the water they can get.
Stopped for Susan at 7:00 (naturally, carrying my umbrella), but her visiting daughter and granddaughter were up and she decided not to go. After chatting for a few minutes, I set off alone. By the time I had walked up the next street, the rain was coming down more heavily and the wind was blowing. My capris and blouse were getting wet, so I cut it short. Got only about half a mile in, but no matter. My attitude toward daily exercise is the same as toward daily eating: As long as I'm consistent for the most part--say, 90 percent of the time--in following a mostly vegetarian diet and walking our usual mile and a half, I'm not concerned with the occasional dietary indulgence or truncated exercise.
(Who said, "Consistancey, thou are a jewel."? But then there's "Consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds." Can't remember who said that either, but as with many adages, they contradict. For health and fitness, though, you gotta go with the first.)

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...