Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Went to the big city yesterday (Manahawkin) to color copy some Dionne Q. stuff. Stopped at Shop-Rite for three items and somehow spent $48.38. Well, that's okay because I found some good new salad "sprays" for much fewer calories than regular. Made fish for dinner--flounder for Pat, fresh tuna for me.
Unfortunately, I also succumbed to the temptation of chocolate-covered cookies last night, cramming them in after I had already topped my (approved) popcorn and wine with (unapproved) pretzels. I was just so hungry yesterday, for some reason. Hope that deviation is one-of-a-kind.
Pat has the pulmonologist appointment today at 10:00. I want to stop at Santori's after to get some produce.
I didn't talk to Betty yesterday, but will call her today. I hope and expect she's been discharged and I assume she's at Carolyn's.
Slept well last night, I'm happy to say, and didn't get up today until 5:30. I'm sneakily pleased that Susan isn't able to exercise today, as she has to go up north to a realtor meeting. After all, I can't walk without my walking companion, can I? And I certainly can't do the alternate days of "Walk Away the Pounds" because I don't know how to run the DVD machine.
Keith Olberman was terrific last night, with one of his "Countdown comments," in which he reacted to Condi Rice's idiotic comparison of the Iraq situation to Nazi Germany. It's really frightening that those in the highest levels of the administration seem ignorant of history and are unable to comfortably handle the English language. Being a devotee of Orwell, I find that hugely significant.

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...