Saturday, February 03, 2007

Had a lousy night, continually waking up with hard coughing. However, I got up this morning feeling much better than yesterday. The dizziness is almost all gone (I'm careful not to move my head too quickly). It has dawned on me that I don't cough nearly as much during the day as at night when I lie down--hmm, wonder why.
The cleaners came yesterday and Pat and I skulked around to keep out of their way. Other than that, just puttered, tried to rest, and generally laid low. I called Susan to say I wouldn't meet her this morning for exercise, but I hope I can tomorrow.
Tomorrow is also the Super Bowl party at the H.'s, but that's at 5:30; hope Pat and I are both able to go. Around here, it's customary for everybody to bring something to parties. Barb suggested either an appetizer or dessert, so I'm going to make cookies and here's why: For my birthday, I got a lovely basket from Barb D. next door, with peppermint tea, some bon-bons and a Mason jar with the dry makings of "Million Dollar Cookies" (I add the butter, egg, and vanilla). Will make them up for the party and, as the D.'s will be there, I'll be able to credit Barb with how good they are (I'm assuming here).
Incidentally, although for Sunrise Bay this is a short street, no fewer than four women named Barbara live in the 12 homes on our (even-numbered) side. (Being a math whiz, I figured out that's one-third.) Barbara D. lives next door to us on one side, Barbara M. on the other, Barbara H. two doors down toward Center Street, and Barbara K. three doors "up." We're very close with Barbaras D. and H., and friendly, but less close, with the other two. I assume the name thing has to do with the fact that this is an over-55 community and "Barbara" was the trendy name during the time period of say, the '40s and '50s--there are lots of other "Barbaras" here, too.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...