Thursday, February 08, 2007

Okay, now I know there's a vast conspiracy against me, perpetrated and maintained by the clothing companies. I spent the whole afternoon yesterday at Boscov's and Macy's trying on winter jackets and none of them were right! I don't want black and most of them were black. I want a very warm one for my morning walks with Susan and several were just so-so warm. Most of all--is this too much to ask?--I want one that FITS. One size (no, I won't reveal the number, but it sure ain't a 10), was too small and the next size up was too big! Got tired of the whole thing, bought a muffin tin, had sushi, said the hell with it, and went home.
Rest of day, folded 3 loads of wash, put some more photos in piles, resisted the temptation to take a nap, and heated up the remainder of the chicken pot pie for dinner. Sound boring? Actually, no, I usually enjoy that stuff.
My sponsors for the March of Dimes WalkAmerica now include Pat's darling niece, Donna, who donated a very generous amount. Now I'm up to $295 to help little Leo--yay!

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosarita,
Remember her?
Anyhow, Land's end probably has a nice warm jacket you'd like. If you aren't already deluged by their catalogs....just type in landsend.com and check them out. We like to use them because you can take returns back to Sears without having to go to the trouble of mailing them etc.

Mimi said...

That's a great idea, Pat, and I'll try it. I usually hesitate to buy clothes if I can't try them on first because this fit is often a problem. However, I'd be more likely to do it if I know I can return it without too much hassle. Thanks for the suggestion.

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...