Sunday, February 11, 2007

We had a great time at the G.'s party last night. Susan and Walter had a "Mexican Valentine" theme for about 20 people. It was an evening of good food, good friends, and good talk--and Pat and I won no fewer than three prizes in the fun contests--two of them Valentine mugs filled with candy. The first was for the couple married longest--the closest competitors, Judy and Roman, had 40 years in, falling short of our 48 1/2 years. Pat then won for the birthday closest to Valentine's Day; his is today, so he edged out Julie's Feb. 4. We heard cries of "fix, fix!" when Pat's guess was closest to the number of M & M's in a glass container. However, he beat off the mob trying to confiscate his candy and we went home triumphant. After our walk this morning (I'm later than usual writing this blog), Susan insisted I take home some of the sandwiches and wraps from last night and I was happy to do so.
Now we're getting into a pretty busy week. Today, the kiddies are coming down for dinner for Pat's 76th; tomorrow I go to a Caregivers' meeting at Bacharach Rehab; Tuesday and Thursday Pat has doctors' appointments; and Wednesday, Barb H., Susan, and I are going to lunch, then I'll go with Leslie and Dennis to the Absecon Peace Vigil in the evening.
I also have to get serious about planning my presentation on the Dionne Quintuplets to the Women's Club in March. Must find an overhead projector and hope the high school will lend me one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

....and a big Happy Birthday to Patrick from Patricia. Seems so many of us wonderful people were born in February. Me, Your Pat, Julie, Abe, George, Farrah, Jesus...yes! They just said it was December.
Congrats for winning all those prizes. 48 and a half years...do you finish each other's sentences?

Mimi said...

We don't have to finish each other's sentences, we read each other's minds.
As for Jesus being born in February--hah! He was born in the glorious month of December, of course, same as the sacred twins of Ventnor, when ALL the best people were born, including, my dear, Jane Fonda, born THE SAME DAY as the twinnies, but a year later, and yes, a year ago, I looked exactly like her... (Is that a run-on sentence or what?)
Anyway, thanks for the birthday sentiments to Pat--I will convey.

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...