Monday, February 19, 2007

Ray was kind enough to go up in our attic to look for my missing Dionne Quint stuff--unfortunately, it's not there. Hope it's someplace I didn't look in the garage, because I know I have more and better material than what I've already uncovered.
I happily started my WW regime and feel good about it. Had a delicious piece of salmon for dinner, which I baked in the oven along with Pat's flounder and "fried" (with cooking spray) potatoes. Being a lifelong veteran of the diet wars, I know I'll get to a point where it will be a chore, but right now am enjoying my virtuous feelings.
Daughter Ellen called last night and we talked for almost an hour. I was surprised and delighted to hear she's decided to support Obama and has actually has set up a blog on him! It's called "Obama '08" and can be viewed at
http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/blog/ellenm.
A warning for rightists, though: If you support the lunatic-in-chief and his henchmen, you won't like this. Yay, Ellen!
Alison also called and I suddenly realized Mike would have a screen. He does, and he'll lend it to me, so I'm pleased and relieved. Now if I can only find that other box of Quint things...
I have a request from a reader in Massachusetts (long-ago classmate, Dolores "Dee" S. L.) for Dump Soup and am happy to share it. Here it is, quick and easy: 1 can each (about 15 oz) of Veg-All (mixed) vegetables, red kidney beans, whole corn, diced tomatoes, and one can (19 oz.) of Progresso Minestrone Soup, with or without chicken. Combine, heat, and eat, liquids and all (don't drain, even the kidney beans). If you want, you can add spices or flavorings, but this is good as is. One cup equals one WW point. This makes a lot and I freeze individual portions, then heat in the microwave. I realize frozen veggies have more nutrients, so today, I'm going to see if I can make it mostly with them, instead of canned. Will report back tomorrow.
What a post, from a rare biological occurrence to dieting to liberal politics to a little wifey's soup recipe--well, nobody said people have to be single-minded.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...