Monday, February 26, 2007

Happy day! Betty was moved to a regular room (from critical care) and sounds much better and stronger. She'll probably be released today or tomorrow. She said my Ellen had visited with magazines and sherbet. I talked to Ellen last night, too. I suggested she come to our place to recuperate and she actually said she might do that. I'm much heartened by her improvement, of course, and hope that's the end of the problem.
Alison drove down to bring me Mike's screen for the D.Q. talk, then filled the bird feeders and helped me change our bed. She was here only an hour, but I always get a lift from seeing her.
Heard from son Mike, who forwarded an e-mail from his wife, Paula (he's in Hong Kong until April) that described 2-year-old Vivian being so proud of her new earrings (a bribe for using the potty). I was intrigued, but a little shocked that they'd subject her to ear piecing. Well, false alarm: When I commented, Mike wrote that they were clip-ons.
Went to WW (I go to Manahawkin on Sundays at 8:30 am) and I lost 3.2 over the week, which brings me to 196.4 (these damn electronic scales calculate to the nth degree). That's good, although not great for a first week--other times, I've lost over 5 pounds the first week--but I'm satisfied. There was a guest lecturer at WW (the regular one is on vacation) and she was mediocre, I'm afraid. I did bring something away from the meeting, as she had brought in the boxes and wrappings from various foods and I learned there's a large wrap you can have for only 1 point. May pursue that.
Prepared for the predicted gigantic storm by getting extra milk and a few other staples. Huh, what a bust! It started snowing about 4:00, but the half inch or so was washed away by rain later--there's not a flake on the ground. I was actually looking forward to being snowed in for a time in our warm, snug home. Oh well, I've got things I want to do today, so it's just as well.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...