Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The weather warmed up a lot yesterday, so it feels wonderfully like spring. Great news: I finally found my missing box of Dionne Quintuplet stuff in the garage. This box has all my best stuff in it, including the rare scholarly book by Dr. Blatz I stole from the Rider library and the album of my pictures from our trip to "Quintland" in about 1998. I think I took it to Massachusetts to the "Quinvention" 3 years ago and that's why it was separate.
Went to Staples and a few other places yesterday, then...then...what? Geez, I can't even remember what else I did--nothing very exciting, obviously. I made hot dogs and beans in the crockpot and boy, did they taste good. (Everything tastes good when you're hungry.) I've been using fat free hot dogs lately, but haven't told Pat, and he seems not to notice.
Exchanged pictures of our grandchildren with sister Betty--they're adorable and we're lucky to have them. Her Finn had hearts painted on his face--it was Valentine's Day--and I sent back of one of my Vivian. Those kids, one blonde, the other brunette, have exactly the same shaped face: little pointed chins and chipmunk cheeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Rosemary,
Happy to learn you found your special 'stuff' on the quints.

Question: will you bequeath the rare book back to Rider?

Mimi said...

Um...uh...I guess I should. You know, it may not be "rare" in the sense it's worth anything. Besides, the librarian didn't care I couldn't put my hands on it when I lost track of it--when it turned up, I just never returned it. I've had it now for 28 years.
WHO ARE YOU??

Anonymous said...

Who am I?

Ida Blatz.

I've been tracking this book for years. Thanks to my my blog spies it has been found.
BTW, that librarian will be dealt with by a higher force.

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...