Saturday, February 24, 2007

I'm so happy to say sister Betty's bleeding has stopped. Talked to her in the afternoon yesterday, then in the evening. That's the good news. The not-so-hot news is that the polyp is malignant, as Betty's SIL, Dana, told me. (However, when I spoke to Betty, she said one doctor said it was cancerous, one said pre-cancerous.) At any rate, it's certainly in a very early stage. Assuming the bleeding stays stopped, Betty will stay in the hospital until tomorrow (or do they release people on Sundays?), then go to Carolyn's and after that, will stay with son, Stephen, and his wife, Robyn, who is pregnant, until she's on her feet. If you have to get this kind of news, this is probably the best case, I think. Got e-mails back from several of those I sent them to, all with their best thoughts, prayers, and good wishes for Betty.
Aside from that: Went to lunch at Calloway's with Susan and Barb H., while Pat went to Beverly's with Frank, Ray, and Gary. We both enjoyed it and my little group discussed and settled on particulars for the scholarship. S., B., and I have decided to go "The Queen," will try to fit it into our busy schedules.
Beef tips for dinner. I measured out a half cup, for 7 points, quite a few, but well within the allowable WW range. I go to the meeting and weigh in tomorrow, but all that seems silly and inconsequential in view of Betty's illness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rosemary I just read your blog about Betty. I didn't know anything about it. So Sorry! How can I get in touch with her?? Mary Martin Hoffmann

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...