Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I hate this new "Google blogger" thing. I now have to sign in--never did before--and I don't see any advantage to the new system. Oh, of course, that's right, there's some advantage or other to the outfit that runs it. Why would I ever think they'd do anything different to benefit the user? (Hmm...on the other hand, I don't pay anything for this; maybe I should just simmer down.)
It was bitterly cold yesterday--21 degrees--and Susan and I actually cut our walk short in the morning. Went to Shoprite in Manahawkin and got lots of stuff. I made the dump soup, but didn't use anything frozen after all. Couldn't get all the ingredients that way, plus they were different sizes, plus didn't have the liquid the canned ones do. That's okay, they're still veggies and that soup tasted so good for lunch (along with a chicken sandwich and hot tea).
Had chicken, mashed potatoes--or as I like to say, twisted that I am--"smashed taters," and string beans last night.
May not have mentioned that I went to a "singalong" with Susan and Walter on Saturday night. It was fun, but I still feel odd and a little sad being a single among couples. Guess I have to get used to that.
As the reader may surmise, ain't much new on my end.
Later: Also meant to record that longtime friend, Jack B. stopped over yesterday. He just got back from Cancun where his children took him for his milestone birthday. Golfed a lot, ate a lot, spent a lot.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...