Saturday, November 11, 2006

Well, the pot roast went the way of all flesh. No, that doesn't make sense, but it was all I could think of off-hand to introduce the following sad story: I got a recipe for crockpot pot roast off the Internet. It said to add an envelope of onion soup mix and water to the meat and veggies (carrots, onions, and potatoes), then cook on high all day. It didn't call for mushroom soup, but since other recipes had, I decided to add it. I have two crockpots, but they both hold only 3 quarts, and there was no way everything would fit in the pot, so I cut the meat in half. A few hours later when I looked at it, I was horrified to realize that 1. the divided roast was too small to feed 4 people and 2. the vegetables were already done! Yoicks! Well, I put the veggies in a bowl and heated them up for dinner, then got breaded pork chops out of the freezer and served them instead. With a salad, applesauce and sourdough bread, it actually turned out to be a good meal, especially topped off with the luscious banana cream pie Barb had brought. Besides, I now have a ready-made dinner for tonight.
As ever, we had a great time with Ray and Barb, wonderful friends and neighbors to us.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...