Friday, November 03, 2006

That sweet guy, Ray H., volunteered to put the grass plant in the ground for us yesterday afternoon, and he did. Then he and other neighbor, Bob, sat in the garage with Pat to chat--it was a beautiful sunny day. I went off to the supermarket, then to Ray and Barb's to invite them for dinner next week.
Got a nice little chicken already stuffed and put it in the oven in time for dinner at 6:00. Also had the leftover scalloped potatoes and baked apples ready to heat up. When I went to check the chicken, I realized I had forgotten to turn the oven on! Fer cryin' out loud! Damn, I'll just have the stuff tonight--I whipped up scrambled eggs instead.
Was pleased to hear back from Brent that he, Stephen, and David will join us for Thanksgiving. That's also Alison's birthday, so we'll have a birthday cake in addition to the pies.
My new-found friend, Pat McH.R., started her own blog. Any old HSHS'ers can check it out at http://wellington.vox.com.
SIL Mike will be running in the New York Marathon this Sunday, November 5. Boy, what an honor, as it's very difficult to qualify. Alison just missed (by 90 seconds), but will be with him to help out. He's one of 37,000 running. They both qualified for the big one, the Boston, which they'll run in April, 2007.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Kudos to Alison and Mike. You and they must be thrilled...Boston Marathon..wow!

How long have they been running?

If you keep walking everyday as you have been, maybe you can 'kick it up a notch' and start running too. Just think Mimi qualifies for Boston in 2008..yea!

Mimi said...

Alison and Mike have been running almost since they met ten years ago. They were (and still are) members of the South Jersey Outdoor Club--Mike is a former president--and lead hikes through the pine barrens every Friday night.

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...