Friday, November 10, 2006

I'll go for our walk with Susan soon, then tidy up a little before the cleaners come (Alison laughs at me cleaning up for the cleaners). Decided to make a crockpot pot roast for dinner with the H.'s, although I've never made it before. Will serve with a salad and peas; Barb's bringing the dessert.
When I went to Boscov's yesterday, I decided to wait to buy sneaks until after my (November 20) appointment with the foot doctor. I did buy Pat two pairs of sweat pants and myself a blouse. Then went to Santori's for salad fixings and got some odds and ends at the dollar store. Stopped at the bay before I went home; Pat was chatting with three cronies at the bulkhead and when I walked up, I said they looked like drug dealers making a deal. They're nice guys and I'm glad Pat has friends and a place that are his alone.
Had "oven-fried" pork chops for dinner last night and Pat said they were very tasty--faint praise from the master!
Got a welcome long and interesting message from Pat McH. R. and enjoyed reading it--also enjoy her blog. Pat wrote about her travels with her husband over the years and how I envy her. Frank and Barbara D. are going to Mexico tomorrow--lucky them! One of the things I miss most in my new life is being able to travel. However, I shouldn't complain: Pat is stable right now and we're in a routine that helps me to cope. (I get edgy and stressed out when things are chaotic or I don't know what to expect.) Also, am looking forward to having family and friends here for Thanksgiving and that buoys me up.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...