Monday, November 27, 2006

Got to hospital about 11:00. Pat doing well, although the rise in his blood sugar is still of concern. Went down to get lunch and brought it up to eat with him, but he didn't get served until 1:30. It seems they were short in the kitchen because everybody works on the holiday, but slacks off after--or something.
Left about 2:00 and packed up the Thanksgiving leftovers, presents, and advent tree for Joely to take to Alison's. Saw the "orange" roses Ellen sent to Alison (they look more like salmon to me), and they're just beautiful.
When I got there, Mike was finishing planting five new trees they bought--five fruit and a "crooked walking stick," even though he has a sore rib from a fall.
We had such a good time with Alison and Mike, and J., J., and J. Got home early--a little after 8:00--called Pat, then settled down with my glass of wine before bed.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

I know you'll be glad to get him home. I always thought the biggest drag with Rich being in the hospital was having to go over there every day. The drive, the parking, the small room, the updating everyone, the dragged out feeling at night....couldn't wait to get him home.
Glad Pat is stabilizing. They'll get the glucose under control..just takes time. I bet he's anxious to get home as well. Hang in there girlfriend. Be sure to take time for Rosemary...enjoy that glass of wine.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Sweetie. The sugar is indeed much lower today and i should be able to pick him up tomorrow. You'd better believe I enjoy my cream sherry--a little old lady drink, but so what? I AM a little old lady...

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...