Thursday, November 02, 2006

Got a call from Kathy D. around the corner. She reminded me that she hadmentioned last month she was going to have a huge "grass" plant removed and divided into three. She had asked Susan, Barb H., and me if we each wanted a part, we all said yes, and now it's been divided. Ran over there with Ray and Barb and got our grass plants. Kathy also had some plumes cut off the top and I took several to put in the hallway for an autumn display. Later, I cut some red, gold, and green leaves off the trees in back (I don't use artificial flowers or foliage, I don't care how "real" it looks) and put them in baskets in the dining room. They look so nice with the decor in the living and dining rooms.
The D.'s next door are back from NC to visit their new grandbaby; I saw Barbara and we had a nice chat.
Was pleased to hear back from SIL Mike's brother, Brent, that he, his partner, Stephen, and third B. brother, David, will come to our place for Thanksgiving. Hope J., J., and J., will, too, although you never know with them. That's also Alison's birthday, so we'll have a birthday cake besides the pies.
It was raining this morning and not just a drizzle, either, but Susan and I, virtuous girls we are, walked the full mile and a half anyway with umbrellas.
A cautionary tale: I like candles and always have one on the dinner table. Last night, I went to take a shower after dinner while Pat sat reading at the kitchen table. Wel-l-l, when I got up this morning and turned on the coffee, I saw a flicker and yes, the candle had been left burning all night! Ouch, that could have been a disaster, but no harm done.
Want to have chicken tonight--maybe in the crockpot, maybe not--with baked apples and the leftover scalloped potatoes from last night.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...