Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Went to Pat's new pulmonologist yesterday. As we assumed, there isn't much new in the way of diagnosis or treatment. The doctor didn't change anything except to confirm he doesn't need the Advair with the other inhalers he's taking; I may just have forgotten to take it off the list I give the various doctors. He doesn't go back until February.
Got a letter from his eye doctor telling us he missed his appointment. That's the first time in all these months of frequent doctor appointments that I failed to put it on the calendar and get him there. I feel bad that it happened, but will call them today to reschedule. He thinks the scratch on the cornea is healed, but continues to use the ointment once a day.
He gets the growth on his neck excised on Monday--that should take the whole damn day. Tuesday, I see my own doctor--the receptionist called for a follow-up after my blood tests. That makes me nervous as the doctor must have seen something--and if all is good, she wouldn't want to see me.
Today, I'll finish preparations for tomorrow--Thanksgiving!--which means baking the pies, making the stuffing, cranberry sauce, and a few other things, and getting some of the table set. I still haven't checked to see if I have everything, but I'm pretty comfortable that I do.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Hey RM....we say hey in the south...first time I heard it used I thought it was rude...but now I know lots of folks use it just to say Hi.
Anyhow....here's some unsolicited advice from your non-sister but friendly RN....I know it's scary to get those phone calls telling us to come back to talk about the lab results. I suggest before the doc automatically put you on some kind of med...ask for a re-check. Perhaps that's what they want to do anyhow. In the meantime, Thanksgiving at your house sounds like it will be a fun time with delicious eats. Email when you can, I know you are busy with domesticity.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Southern Sis! That was good advice and I'll certainly follow it. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...