Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Marge called early yesterday and asked if I wanted to go for brunch. Well, of course I did! We went to Beverly's at 11:00 and sat so long Pat and Ray came in for lunch, so we overlapped. When I got home, just puttered around, then it was time to get ready for the Wellspouse dinner meeting.
It was great fun. I got to Vivian's at 5:00, met her MS husband, Tony, toured her (large and lovely) home, enjoyed a glass of white zinfandel, then we set off for Manalapan. North Jersey is always a mystery to me, it was dark, and there was lots of traffic, but we got there in plenty of time. It was good to be with my fellow Wellspousers and I met in person a lot of those I had corresponded with via e-mail. Most had spouses with very severe maladies--MS, quadraplegia, a pituitary tumor, brain damage, and so on--but everybody was so relaxed and convivial that I immediately felt at home. Anyway, terrific dinner at the Java Moon. I had ravioli, about the best I ever tasted, after a wonderful arrugara salad. A very short and casual "business meeting" followed right at the table, then we talked and laughed for several hours. One of the two men there is a pastry chef and he always brings dessert. He handed out candied apples to all.
I didn't get home until a few minutes after 11:00, an unheard of hour for me, and went right to bed. I had told Susan I probably wouldn't walk today and hope to go back to bed for a nap after breakfast.
Have a director's meeting at 12:30, then Drama Club at 1:30. Aside from that, I'm layin' low.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...