Saturday, November 04, 2006

Did indeed serve the chicken, baked apples, and scalloped potatoes last night and they were good. Will have beef tips tonight.
Note: All the business about what we have for dinner, etc. is a hangover from early in this blog a year or so ago. I named it "My Weight and Welcome to It" when I was active in Weight Watchers; thought I'd chronicle my struggles. Well, the whys and wherefores are too lengthy--and too dreary--to go into, but I've reverted back to making this simply an on-line diary.
Yesterday? Not much went on except I went down to Reynolds in Manahawkin and got several baby gifts, I was in touch with a few friends, AND son Mike posted more pictures of adorable granddaughter, Vivian, on her web site.
Alison took Monday off and will come down while Mike rests up from the Sunday NY Marathon. We'll take Pat to a restaurant for lunch if he feels up to it. Called friend Edith to ask to postpone our lunch date.
My cold is finally receding--what a long siege. When I go to the doctor on Tuesday, will ask what I can do to minimize future ones.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

I tried several times last night to comment and for some reason (this stupid webtv probably) wouldn't let it thru.
Wanted to say Kudos to Alison and Mike ....Boston Marathon...WOW! Good luck to Mike tomorrow in the NY run.
I was thinking if you keep walking everyday like you have been...maybe you could 'kick it up a notch' and start running so you could do the marathon in '08. After all those 'running'genes came from somewhere.

Mimi said...

P.:
That's a great idea, for me to start running marathons! Will also make arrangements for the funeral...ha!

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...