Tuesday, December 01, 2020

The Usual

My days go on with more or less the same, or very similar, activities, such as they are. Walked to Smart 'n' Final and back (three mi.) to get salmon, body wash, cottage cheese, and a card for Greg's upcoming birthday. I also got some pretend crab meat (it's really Alaskan pollock, cut up and with some additions), just to vary the chicken I usually have in my salad.

Lunched, then fooled around on the laptop. I tired of that and decided to go to Michael's to get ink for my ink pad (I have a project in mind). Caught the 6 bus to Telephone Road, then the 11, which would take me there. However, contrary that I am, I decided to continue on to the transit center (at the mall) and go to Target, instead. Did so and found they had none. I stopped at Johnson Family Dental, which is nearby, and demanded contact information for Angie's boss. She gave me an email address and I'll write them about getting my $4780 back. I had told them I wasn't going to have the work there and wanted a refund. This was on November 18 and it still hasn't been refunded to my Visa card.

Bused back and stopped into the Hallmark store (remember when cards used to cost so much less than gifts? Now halfway decent ones are up to five and six bucks), but they had no ink, either. Guess I'll get to Michael's one of these days. 

Home, I halved my two pounds of the big white mushrooms I always get at Von's, added olive oil and garlic, and popped them in to roast for fifteen or so. Had them with my chicken and veggies for dinner.

Other than that: nada. Just looking forward to more dreariness, I'm afraid. At least, though, here the weather's nice. Sunny the last many days and that helps.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I'm checking to see if this comment comes up in m email.

iloveac said...

Did it?

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...