Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Tuesday

Changed the sheets and did a bleach wash before breakfast. Ate, got the dry clothes out, folded and put them away, and then took off for The Market with my little cart.

As ever, when I started out, it was quite cool, so I wore a jacket and my sweater coat. By the time I got halfway there, about three-quarters of a mile, and crossed the freeway bridge, it got warm--maybe seventy or so. I then removed the jacket and put it in the cart, put the coat back on, and continued...

Good grief! This is about as interesting as a bucket of mud! However, since I ain't got much else to record, I'll keep on. I must say, it felt good to walk again after Monday's rain.

Got tomatoes, tissues, and toothpaste (alliteration--yay!)--some other things, too, but since they don't start with "T," I'm not going to add them.

Home, I cut up the cabbage and apples I had bought before and put them in the slow cooker. Chunked the tomatoes, added the chopped onions, oil, vinegar, and seasonings, then put them in the oven. They were out and cooling by the time "Mitch," the Yandoo guy, came.

And all was forgiven because this: I told him about the picture freezing and being fuzzy all the time when I was on Zoom or Messenger video, plus the message "Your Internet connection is unstable." After testing this and that, he said it was my black box--not the modem, but the ???--can't remember the name. Anyway, he asked if I ever took the laptop into the other room to use. No, never. Then, he said you don't need the box. He took the yellow cord out an plugged it directly into the laptop. I was skeptical, but thanked him, he left, I called Ellen on Messenger to test it, and oh, mama--it was great! The picture was crystal clear and it didn't freeze even for a second even once.

Okay, things are looking up. Besides, today Jim is coming for lunch (well, the usual, he brings his, I bring mine, and we're outside) and I'm looking forward to that.

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...