Sunday, December 27, 2020

A Song And Salmon

                                "Back in the saddle again...Back where a friend was a friend..."

Roy Rogers used to sing that song and it kept going through my mind as I resumed my usual rituals. Had my coffee, wrote my blog, and checked my email and Facebook; ate my usual breakfast (cottage cheese on Killer Dave's toast, coffee, and a tangerine) while reading the Ventura Star; got a piece of salmon out of the freezer for dinner, then took off for the Market about 10:00. Not the most exciting routine, but I'm comfortable with it, assuming it's punctuated with occasional deviations. 

I am NOT happy over the deviation Yandoo Communications handed me. Tech was due to come between 1:00 and 5:00, so I stayed in. Was on the laptop in the bedroom most of the time, but thought I'd go check the mail. Opened the door to find a card on the know saying "Mitch" had come, but nobody was home. WHAT?! I called, furious, to say I was there all the time. Rep said he had tried to call me, but there was no answer. I got no call, I told her. Anyway, upshot is "Adrian" will come on Tuesday between 1:00 and 5:00. Ellen and I were going to test it after the fix; I called to tell her we'll have to put it off. I was so pissed. However, it occurred to me I should have put a note on the door or something, as I probably didn't hear the bell, since I was playing a game with sound.

Anyway, I rushed out, grabbed a bus, and went to Target and picked up some socks. By the time I got home, I had gotten--grudgingly--calmer. Had a vegetarian dinner, instead of cooking the salmon, which I'll do today. Called Jim after, to see if he's available for lunch some day (any day--it isn't as if my social calendar is full--but he wasn't there and I left a message.

 


No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...