Saturday, December 26, 2020

Christmas

 It turned out to be a fine Christmas, after all!

Here, I'll just sketch it out:  Ellen served me an over easy/scrambled egg (I don't know, either, but it was good) breakfast, we hung out, went for a walk, watched some T.V. (a novelty for me), and otherwise had a leisurely day until 4:00. Unlike Thursday, which was chilly and grey (it even rained a few drops), Christmas was wonderfully sunny and warm; we even opened windows.  

We also opened presents, of course, but I'm not going to enumerate them here. My real present was the Zoom call at 4:00 pm, our time.* All of my children participated and how I loved seeing and hearing them. Of course, being together literally is far, far superior to any kind of virtual visit, but this was the next best thing. We actually interacted for more than two hours. Greg came in from his mother's in the middle of it, so that was good. 

After, the three of us sat down to chat for a bit while I had a glass of wine, then El--an "earth angel" if ever there was one--took me home. Got in shortly before 8:00, partly unpacked, watched a bit of Doubt (still tedious, I'm afraid), and turned in. Slept like a stone, as the Brits say.

*Significantly, my picture was sharp and clear, and didn't freeze even once, further proof that the problem is with my Internet connection. The technician is scheduled to come today between 1:00 and 5:00, but El and I are going to try it before that to be sure it's still on the blink.

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...