Saturday, December 05, 2020

Same Weight And Singapore

Foreword (ha!): I tried to substitute Violet on the beach for the picture of her below and have NO IDEA why I can't seem to remove the first one or why it showed up here. Well, I'm just going to leave them as is. Also don't know why I can't revert back to the usual print size, but the hell with that, too.

Weighed in at home at 125.4, a .04 loss. At T.O.P.S, I was 126.4; that's interesting because it's exactly the same as two weeks ago. Usually, I vary up or down a pound or two, which I think is normal. I'm fine with it, as long as it stays within my self-prescribed comfort zone. 

Note: I tried to put this picture of Violet below in place of the one there. I have NO IDEA why I can't do it and why it ended up here! 

Had breakfast (late, as usual on T.O.P.S. day), then put the books from the little lending library that I've already read in my cart and walked to Kimball. I still have at home at least four I haven't gotten to and now I chose two more to add to the stack. I'm afraid I have a clear case of 

                                                   tsundoku

-- a Japanese term used to describe a person who owns a lot of unread literature. Hey, it's better than stock-piling chocolate-covered grasshoppers, isn't it? (Or maybe it isn't.) 

Walked back from Kimball, so got three in. After lunch, I started out to bus to town, but saw the 10  going the opposite way. I impulsively jumped on, thinking I'd take a little excursion, then stay on when it turned around and went to the transit center. When it got to Wells Center, which is its final stop on that run, I was, of course, the only one left on. The bus driver, a woman, asked if I was getting off. I said, "Oh, I'm just going for a ride; I'll stay on back to the transit center." I was amazed when she lambasted me with "you're not allowed to do that, you can only use the bus for essential trips," and so on. I was even more amazed at myself that I didn't tell her kiss my ass. I saw the 11 bus parked in front, so I told her I'd take that back, which I did. Of course, while riding and fuming, I thought of a lot I should have said, such as "is that a law now?", "do you question every bus rider as to where they're going?", of "who decides what's essential?"  

Anyway, this having put me in a combative mood and it was getting later, instead of going into town, I went to Johnson Dental to again see Angie. I told her I hadn't gotten an acknowledgement of my email to her boss, at headquarter, but I was there to ask a question. When I saw her the other day and said I was concerned that I'd have to pay interest on the $4780, she had said I wouldn't have to. I didn't pick up on it then, but then it occurred to me she may have thought I had used Smile Central, which allows no interest for six months. No, I told her, I put it on my Mastercard, because I get rewards with that. She assured me refunds are paid on Tuesdays and it would be done then. In that case, I think I can simply pay the rest (I charge everything on it) and avoid interest or fees. Let's hope so, anyway, but if not, I assured Angie Johnson Dental would damn well pay it. 

Better later: Ellen called and said she had a teachers' conference. We discussed the changes in her job, still on-line, of  course, and now it will continue that way in January, too. Notably, instead of having nine children in three sessions, she'll split them and have two. That seemed more problematic to me, but she prefers it.

Video-called my boy, Mike, whose birthday is today here and was yesterday there. I had a wonderful time talking to, and seeing him, Vivian, Violet, and Paula (just a glimpse of her, as she was making brunch). Those girls are so adorable and I miss them and their Dad so much. 




  



 

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...