Monday, December 07, 2020

Sunday

As I had told her I would, I called Hazel at 9 am my time, noon hers. It really wasn't a very satisfactory conversation. First of all, I probably should have picked a different time, as she was having lunch. With most people, I would have just said I'd call her back in a hour or so, but Hazel is pretty fuzzy and I didn't want to do that. We talked for maybe five minutes, if that, while I asked her how she was doing and so on. She responded, but somewhat mechanically, in a sort of gasping monotone. She kept saying she was sorry--about what, I'm not sure. I said I'd call her another time and I will, but probably no sooner than a few weeks. I called Betty after to tell her I had spoken to Hazel. Betty showed little interest, which is now characteristic of her, and started telling me what she was watching on television.

These two incidents really wore on me and I got pretty down. I did do a little work on my project, then got out some Christmas decorations. I can't reach some, though, and thought I'd just have to leave them, but see later. I got out the door decoration and added the little Santa Claus figure I had been given in New Mexico:

It's hard to see, but Santa is holding a tiny roll of toilet paper. 

Went to town after lunch and while I was walking up Chestnut Street, Jim called to ask if I  could upload his driver license to a site. Sure, and I invited him to come today. We'll meet outside for lunch, as usual first. I asked if he'd get down the box of Christmas items I want and he said he would.

I picked up three more DVDs in town. I now have a high stack I haven't watched yet and it will probably take me six months to see them all, but that's okay.


No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...