Tuesday, December 29, 2020

RAIN!!!!

It actually rained--and a real rain, not just the misty mist that's come down before. After lunch I was a bit at loose ends, not being able to go out,  so I put on my boots, grabbed my umbrella, and went to Von's. Bought a cabbage, two apples, and five pounds of carrots--and that's a lot of carrots.

It was good to do food prep again: I trimmed and scrubbed the carrots, put half in the slow cooker with two quartered tangerines and a sprinkle of cinnamon. For the other half, I added olive oil and Italian seasoning, and roasted in the oven. I had some for dinner and put up the rest in the freezer.

Spent an annoying amount of time on the Cricket web site, trying to change my email address, then my password. For some reason, it proved to be difficult and I'm not even sure I did it yet. Didn't do much else, aside from filing and other paperwork.

Ellen called. She had gone to the "pop-up" COVID test place in Ojai, only to find it was closed because of "inclement weather." (Well, they're not used to rain here.) She said she'd come over on Friday or Saturday to put my Christmas decorations up in the higher cabinets that I can't reach.

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...