Friday, December 18, 2020

Jim, Carolyn, And Civil Defense

Okay, I'm a tad less harried, I guess. Jim called early to thank me for the Christmas card. He's unbelievably--well, "otherworldly," you could say. He was amazed that I made the card from decorative stamps and wrote the little rhyme for him. It was good to talk to him and I was pleased that he finally got to the systems person and was able to modify his class as needed. Suzanne texted me how much she liked my card, too. 

I spent a long time scanning, then trying to retrieve a document regarding my father's work--I assume, as a volunteer, although I'll look that up--as a civil defense person during WWII. I scanned both sides, but couldn't seem to call it up. Asked my boys for advice and finally got it to work; the documents are below.

Went to Von's and while I was there, Carolyn called. She asked if, instead of me going to see Betty, that she (Carolyn) would bring her here on Monday morning, our actual birthday. That sounds like a good plan, so that's what we'll do. 

I set out for Smart 'N' Final after lunch and boy, was it windy and chilly. After walking out of the complex, I went back and got gloves and a wool hat, which helped. Picked up a few things at Dollar Tree and romaine at S 'N' 'F, so got three in, at least.

Called El when I got home and we chatted. She'll be less busy this evening, when her last class for the semester is over, so we'll talk then, too.

This is why Absecon Island wasn't invaded by the enemy!











No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...