Monday, December 28, 2020

Sunday...

 ...and I didn't get up until 8:00 am! Dunno why, I just slept late--probably due to my down mood. I guess it's a reaction to my good Christmas holiday. I didn't have breakfast until after 9:00; however, I did complete the crossword puzzle, which was briefly gratifying. 

As ever, I found it amusing that the Ventura Star printed an article rather prominently (above the fold on page three) to the effect that rain was predicted for last night--big news!

My mood improved after Jim called me and we had a long talk. He was a devotee of Krishnamurti and has read all his books. He actually used to go to the Krishnamurti Center in Ojai to hear him speak. I've been at the center several times and have read some of him, also.  Jim mentioned one (which I intend to get) called "The Only Revolution."  I guessed the title means we can revolutionize within ourselves and Jim confirmed that. Anyway, I like K.s outlook on life.

Jiddu Krishnamurti (/ˈɪdkrɪʃnəˈmrti/; 11 May 1895 – 17 February 1986) was a philosopher, speaker and writer. In his early life, he was groomed to be the new World Teacher, but later rejected this mantle and withdrew from the Theosophy organization behind it.[1] His interests included psychological revolution, the nature of mind, meditation, inquiry, human relationships, and bringing about radical change in society. He stressed the need for a revolution in the psyche of every human being and emphasized that such revolution cannot be brought about by any external entity, be it religious, political, or social.

I spent some time--finally--sorting and filing paperwork, but I must write a few things to myself, including my dental proposal.  My only excursion outside was to walk over to Von's for a few necessities--for me, that meant romaine and broccoli. 

Wrote and mailed a thank you note to Roz for the wine and finally called Sharon, the daughter of my dear departed friend, Marge, to thank her for her note of last month.  She wasn't home and I left her a message.

Betty called and I guided her to Facebook Messenger video, so we could see each other. I was amazed that she finally got it and I enjoyed it--for a time. However, her constantly increasing confusion is so hard to witness. Every time I see or talk to her I notice a decline in her cognitive abilities. Time is a thief, all right.

 


1 comment:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
I don't see where on my FB page that I can facetime. I see messenger which I use often but tell me how to do the facetime.

Ask Jim if he's ever heard of Anthony De Mello. De Mello was a huge influence on me. He was a Jesuit from India and blended Eastern and Western philosophy in his books. One or two were banned by the RC church. He had an untimely death.

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...