Thursday, December 10, 2020

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Chaos

EVERY year, I vow to get my Christmas packages sent early and EVERY year, I seem not to. This was no exception, I'm afraid. I had all the gifts for Singapore except Mike's and I'm giving him a gift card to Big Island Candies in Hawaii. You can't order on their web site, so I had to email them, then call to find out if they send to Singapore. I wanted to get the gift card, then include it with my DIL and granddaughter's gifts (and, of course, those for Snickerdoodle and Malibu). For Mike and Patrick, I would order gift cards. But this necessitated several phone call, but was finally settled. I asked for email confirmations, but annoyingly, haven't gotten them yet. 

I wrapped and packed up the others, put them in the P.O.'s own large "priority mail" envelope, and walked to the P.O. to mail.  AAGH--I was told postage would be fifty-two dollars and change! Now these are small and light in size and, conscious of weight, I wrapped them in tissue paper. The guy at the P.O. said if they were in just a large envelope, they'd be half that much. 

Natch, I didn't have any that large, so I went home, walked to Wal-Mart, and got four large, padded envelopes (for both boys), bused home, rewrapped Mike's and rushed back to the P.O. Sure enough, the postage was now only twenty-some dollars, just about half as much. I still haven't gotten the Tokyo one off, but hope to today.

If I live through today, that is--I have my dental appointment at Oxnard Dentistry at 11:00.

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...