Sunday, August 24, 2014

Show and Cast Party

As far as I can remember, this is without precedence: I slept until 8:20.  At that point, I got up, and immediately got a call from Mary Ann V. O., telling me how much she liked the show.  I had seen her in the front row, but was surrounded by others after, so didn't get a chance to chat afterward with her.
Later, I did something again without precedence: I sat and watched a DVD in the afternoon.  This was Up In The Air, which I saw twice in California when it first came out.  I liked it so much, I wanted to see it again, so bought it from Amazon.
Why do I enjoy it so much?  Lots of reasons, but prominently including the fact that the movie revolves around George Clooney as a human resources person (as I was at Rider) with commitment problems.  There's a lot more, too, and I thought the story absorbing and the performances spot on.
I actually ate lunch while watching, skipping dinner until after a show, as I always do.
Tony and the Heiress was again well-attended and enthusiastically received.  All members of the cast agreed, I modestly state, that I got the biggest laughs with my lines, some of which I contributed myself (with Jim's permission, of course).  More of my friends were there last night and, of course, it was great fun to be greeted and complimented.
After, we all went over to the cast party at the H.'s.  There was every libation imaginable (I stuck to Corona and wine--one each) and a terrific spread, including  pulled pork; sausage, peppers, and onions; pasta salad; mixed fruit; and a plethora of other goodies. The party flowed from the big rec room to the kitchen to one of the many out-buildings on the property, a sort of large, rustic, open-sided hut with a bricked floor and ceiling fan.  There we talked and talked and talked, then talked some more, and laughed and teased and hashed over the show and started looking toward November, when we have Surflight Theatre once again.
Didn't get home until 1:00 am after a weekend that couldn't be better: shows and a party.  Seems to me that's what life ought to consist of, I only half-jokingly assert.  Anyway, those two activities sure support what may be the whole purpose of this earthy existence: to have fun.    

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...