Friday, August 08, 2014

A Variety

Called my sister-in-law, Regina, to see if she got the postcard her husband sent mine in 1943.  I had sent it to her after going through the trove of letters Pat had kept from so many years ago.  She had gotten it and enjoyed showing it to family.  We chatted and I promised to get up there again someday.
Otherwise, made a big salad and put broccoli, onions, and seasonings in the crock pot.  Assembled a few more things for the flea market, to which I'll go tomorrow.  My friend came about 1:00 and loaded up her SUV with same.  Geez, I hope this wasn't one of my why-did-I-ever-think-this-was-a-good-idea schemes, but oh well, now I'm committed.  I'll spend a lot of today preparing, also.
We had planned that I'd meet Aline up at the library, as she was working until 4:00, but driving there, I saw her walking and picked her up.
We rehearsed only the singing parts of the show and, luckily, did the ones with choruses first, so A. and I were released at 8:30 or so. Dropped off my partner in crime and went home to have another late supper of spaghetti and sauce with Swiss chard.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...