Friday, August 15, 2014

Farm, Rehearsal, and K.

Skipped the walk and got up to my friend's house by a bit after 9:00. Rode with her to the farm and we got onions, tomatoes, Swiss chard, watermelon, garlic, and squash.  Divided it back at her house, then she and hubby left for a family (his) reunion, and I drove home.
Spent time preparing some of the veggies, with other chores, and on the computer.  Later went--well, somewhere or other, but so mundane an activity, I don't even remember.  Picked Aline up for rehearsal at 7:00.
Last night, we just "read lines," but it was so much fun. We added and modified a bit--opening night is a week from today, so we have plenty of time (ha!)--and had a ball. Desi seemed in a better mood than usual; he was a bear all through Hedda, which may reflect the directorship burden.  He suggested a slight change in my delivery of a particular line, and it was a good idea.  He did it respectfully, with an implied compliment, too, and I thanked him.
Neither Tonya (taking daughter Emma to college in Texas), Dave (also out of town), Bob, (dunno), Brittany (ditto) nor the mayor (ditto) were there, so Jim filled in for all.  Great hilarity all around.
As we finished up (before 9:00, which always pleases me), we started talking about the fact we have Surflight Theatre for November.  We discussed a radio show play, which met with great approval and excitement, especially by Jim and me.  I recall seeing one years ago by the theatre arts department at Rider and it was terrific fun and so enthusiastically received.  It demands little in the way of sets and hearkens back to the forties, the heyday of radio. I love the idea and definitely want to be involved.
I'm late with this deathless prose, as I just spent a good portion of an hour viewing adorable little K. in various videos.  I had requested more--I really feel I'm there when I see him--and his parents were kind enough to promptly respond.  Loved seeing the little angel--a full year old in less than a month!--eating a meal, playing with a balloon, then books, and especially, having fun with Daddy.  How he laughs and what a lucky little boy to be born to such parents!

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...