Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Delightful

A delightful day.  Got back in the groove with Susan at seven on a sunny and just-warm-enough walking morning.  After breakfast, I cut up the two large onions, three shallots, and purple pepper, added a little oil and seasonings, and put them to simmer in the slow cooker.  Did a wash and a few other things before the phone rang.
It was my friend asking if I'd like to go to the lake.  Sure thing and we met there about 2:00.  Had a few hours of lazing at the lake--went in up to our waists, but it was a bit breezy and that was as far as we wanted to venture.
I told her I had photographed and posted on Facebook my dining room set to sell.  Hmm...she said, maybe it would be better to keep that in the house for now for staging purposes and advertise smaller items.  I had never thought of that, but instantly realized she was right.
Removed the pics when I got home and, instead, photographed and posted my armoire*, the guest room twin beds, a wine rack, and a few other items.  They're on my own page and on "Atlantic County Yard Sale" (or whatever it's called), and I'm going to add others. Will also put them on Craig's List and anywhere else appropriate I can find.
Later, I greatly enjoyed another Breakfast with Baby, thanks to Skype. The Tokyo Tot now initiates such intellectual and sophisticated actions as saying "eeeeeyawee" and rubbing his sticky hands over his hair, as well as pointing and waving.  He gets a great kick out of Nana doing the same--and so does she.  He eats with gusto--if sloppily--and I still think he says "Mama," although Daddy tells me the articulation could mean other things.  What a thrill it is to realize he sees and reacts to me, the little precious.  It still seems an impossible dream that he actually exists, 32 years after my first grandson was born.
* Darn it all, I can't spell it and neither can SpellCheck.  

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...