Saturday, August 30, 2014

Going Through

I continue to dig out, go through, and get rid of.  Opened a container of wedding memorabilia (not mine) and discarded the flowers carried and worn by participants, along with a lot of paper. Put the rest in two small boxes and stowed them in the garage.  I'm not sure why I didn't just toss them; guess I'm not ready to do that yet, as they are, after all, part of family history.
I had accidentally deleted a picture of the hall table I want to sell, so took another.  Measured that and some bookcases and went through a few other things.  Spent a good part of the rest of the day with the clearing out chores which, seemingly, will go on forever.
Called brother Larry, who said he was short of breath and seemed a bit "down," very unusual for him. Of course, he did recently have major medical procedures of a heart valve replacement and a bypass, but he was so unlike his usual cheery self, I was concerned. I called his daughter, Jeanne, who is an R.N. and whose husband is an internist, just to get the lowdown.  She reassured me that his pulse ox showed adequate oxygen in the blood, and that his slight melancholy (which she had seen, but only occasionally) was not a regular condition.
Aline called.  She's going back to New York today to help her sister-in-law, but we made a date to go to the Mutter Museum in Philly on Tuesday.
Went to Target for a card and present for my precious grandson, soon to have lived in the world for a full year. It's so hard to believe he even exists, let alone that he's come so far.  What a gift!    
Meeting Betty at the cemetery, then we'll go to lunch.  This is the fortieth anniversary of her husband's death.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...