Friday, August 22, 2014

Fifth Anniversary And The Lesser Evil

Cut our walk short and left for my friend's about 8:00, got there at 9:00, and we were up at the farm by 10:15.  The largess included beets, shallots, collards, egg plant, squash, onions, and garlic, as well as lovely marigolds and sunflowers.  We spent about 45 minutes gathering and picking, then zipped away, divided the goodies, and I left, but not before making a date with her for today, which is the fifth anniversary of Pat's death.
Stopped for gas and got home about 11:15, so had time to get gas, clean up, change, apply make-up, and leave by 12:25 to pick up Mary Jo, two streets over.
Dennis died only five months ago, and widowhood is new territory for her, so it's very tough, but she's doing okay.  We went to The Old Causeway, where she had never been, and she liked it a lot. This is a seafood place, but MJ had the pulled pork and soda, I a fried oyster po' boy (irritating name, especially as probably no actual po' boy could afford one) and an IPA beer, exactly what I had the last time I was there.  In a rut, I guess.)
Of course, we talked and talked about Pat and Dennis.  I refrained from sticking a fork in her eye when she referred to the fact that Dennis had "passed."  ("Passed what, dammit, the school bus?" I always want to shout.  I hate euphemisms.)
We had plenty of laughs, too.  I picked up the check--just wanted to--and told her she could the next time, after that we'd go Dutch.
Got home before 3:00, so had time to put away the costume parts and other stuff I had strewed practically all over the house.  Studied my script to learn the words to the song choruses--geez, it's about time, we open tomorrow--and was set for our last rehearsal at 6:30 after picking up Aline.
It went well and was lots of fun.  We're all very exuberant, as well as "loose"--that is, don't necessarily adhere exactly to the script--and I think the audience will have a ball.
WIDER: I was wistfully hoping "St. Pete's For Peace," mentioned here, was a Catholic peace group, but that'll be the day.  I have yet to meet a committed Catholic who is also a true pacifist, although I'm pretty sure there are some.  Here's a good look at the "lesser thing" re St. Barack.  It mentions SPFP, which I joined on Facebook and will investigate further.
http://www.wildwildleft.com/diary/3237/the-lesser-of-two-evils-is-still-evil#.U_UNOW3keRg.facebook

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...