Saturday, August 23, 2014

Opening Night

Starting with the last--but best--first:
WOW!!  The show was a smash hit!  The Community Center was filled almost to capacity and the audience loved it!  (Okay, I'll stop with the exclamation points.)
Tony and the Heiress went off without a hitch--well, there were a few, but since they weren't noticeable to the only ones who matter, that was okay. A large number of my friends and neighbors were there, of course, and I expected that, as it's only ten minutes away from where we live. However, I was amazed and gratified at those who came from Players & Playwrights and live on Absecon Island: Bobbi C., Anita, and two other women, plus, of all people, my pal, Grey.
Grey knows Desi, Jim, and Neil, as he had met them when he was originally cast as my nephew, George, in Hedda Gabler.  Early on, he had to pull out because of illness, but not before he and Neil developed a great dislike for each other.  I have no idea why; if I was in the habit of using the trendy psycho-babble with which some enlard their airheaded opinions, I might say it was the alpha male thing, but who the hell knows.
Had a ball accepting appreciation and congratulations from other friends and attendees I didn't know--anybody who performs and denies that's the reason is a friggin' liar.  We stayed until after 10:00, talking and laughing and agreeing it could hardly have been better. Can't wait to do it over again tonight.
Back to morning: Met my friend for breakfast up in Whiting and we had a good breakfast and even better talk.  Much was about my husband, Pat, who died five years ago yesterday, but not all.  We discussed our plans for shaking the Jersey dust off our feet and taking off for less mundane parts.  Once this show is over, I'm going to concentrate on that.
Home before noon, I washed, chopped, and otherwise prepared a lot of the veggies from the farm and put them to simmer in the crock pot. Didn't do a lot productive otherwise until it was time to prepare for the show.
Hey, we get to do the show again tonight--yay!  Here, I must repeat my mantra: THERE'S NO PLACE ELSE I'D RATHER BE.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...