Thursday, June 13, 2013

Various

Got to the Atlanticare Little Egg office for my 7:30 physical and it really wasn't the ordeal I thought it would be.  Dawn, the NPA (not sure what that stands for) was very thorough, but efficient; she said she's done about fifty of these.  It's all dictated by our rulers, the insurance companies, of course, but I guess can be beneficial for some.  It consisted of 17 pages of questions (which Dawn asked, then filled in) re health, habits, and whether I have a living will.
This last I think annoyingly intrusion.  What business is it of Horizon whether I have a living will?  Once you need to have that implemented, their part is over, fer cryin' out loud.  Well, the hell with it.
Actually, I like Dawn--I've seen her before, as the doctors in that office go in and out like swinging doors; the new one starts next week--and was delighted to learn that she's in Margate Players, and will appear in Hairspray in July. My physical turned up no beri-beri or other malady and I was home before 9:00.
Spent a lot of the day working on various what I call "business" stuff.  Sent an e-mail to John P., of Players & Playwrights, inviting him via a little verse, to a dinner for him at Italian Gourmet and asking him to name a date.  He wrote back quickly with a few of them and I arbitrarily picked Thursday, June 27, then sent an e-mail out to members, asking who would come.  Call the catering manager and went back and forth with her getting info. 
Also ascertained that from 30th Street station in Philly, it's only seven-tenths of a mile to the place where I'll interview for the "patient impersonation" job.  Happy day, I can walk it.  Now I just have to see if I can get a train from Absecon that's early enough to get me there by 8 am.
Late in the day, drove to Staples to pick up ink and paper.  Stopped at the library and found Aline in the computer center.  Told her about the dinner for John and she was delighted.  And, of course, she promptly accepted my invitation to go to Hairspray.  Think I'll ask Louise, too.  Picked up a rotisserie chicken, my addiction, at Shop-Rite and had some for dinner.
Talked to Betty and she invited me to come down to say hello to Wes, Stephen, and Carolyn this afternoon. I will and will bring Aline.    

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...