Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Mild Chore Day

Another "chore day," although I didn't do that much.  Put in the new plant I got last week and pulled a few weeds.  Went to Habitat for Humanity and bought four books, the most recent of which was published in 1926.  Three seem to be written for teenage boys, maybe, but somehow I liked them and plan to read them.  The other is a first edition by Zane Grey.  I don't necessarily think it's worth anything, but it was only three bucks and someday, I hope to get around to reading it.  At B.J.'s, got a birthday gift for my great-grandson and Joyland (Stephen King) for myself.
Finally got my reservations for California.  I hope the dates are okay with my drivers and e-mailed the info to them. I have twenty-four hours to cancel without penalty.  Otherwise, changing anything is two hundred smackers.
Made plans with my friend, Pat R., formerly of Myrtle Beach, to visit her in her new digs in Mount Laurel.  Looking forward to a trip there on July 1
Aline, Bobbi and Betty called.  (Funny--Betty' nickname was "Bobby" when we were little.)  I called Joelly's grandmother and asked if I could drop off his birthday gift today, as Aline and I will be in town meeting Marilyn for lunch, if she can make it.  Joelly will be eleven on Friday and my boy in Japan will be--well, a lot more than eleven--on the same day.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...