Thursday, June 06, 2013

Free Pretzels

Bestirred myself to do some work around the house and before our walk, put half the bathroom rugs in the wash.  After breakfast, I did the other half, mopped the floor, scrubbed the shower and tub, and cleaned the counter tops.  Pulled the sheets off my bed, re-made it, and otherwise performed housework in the morning.  Looks good.
After lunch, I went over to interview Pat and Bea A., who have been married for--gulp!--sixty-two years.  I had known them only casually and never thought we had much in common.  However, I was pleasantly surprised to find them an interesting couple. 
My big excitement for the day: I went to Acme for few things and picked up a big container of pretzels. Sign said they were on sale for $4.99, but at checkout, I was charged $6.99.  Went to the office to point that out and was cheerfully given back not the two dollar difference, but the full $6.99.  Ever honest, not to say outstandingly pure, I mentioned I was owed only two.  Was told if a sign is left up in error, Acme refunds the entire cost of an item and you get it free.  WOW!  GEE!  LUCKY, LUCKY ME!  Free pretzels--what a bonanza!   
Now to find a car dealership that follows the same system.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...